Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
What's in these terms?
Telford & Wrekin Council makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website but will not be held responsible for any loss, damages or inconvenience arising in any way from the use of this website. We reserve the right to change any data or format of any page of the site without notice. If you think there are any errors or out of date information please notify us by emailing us at email@example.com.
2. Who we are and how to contact us
https://greenguarantee.telford.gov.uk and https://biggreenvote.telford.gov.uk link to a website operated by the Borough of Telford and Wrekin Council, principal office Darby House, Lawn Central, Telford, Shropshire, TF3 4JA.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. By using our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
4. There are other terms that may apply to you
Telford & Wrekin Council is collecting your personal data to allow the processing of your preferences, entry into a free prize draw, taking place between March 1st and May 20th 2018 and communication about volunteering preferences where you have expressed consent to do so, Article 6 (a) 1 General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
- Annex A - The Council will share your personal information, only with your consent. We will share it with relevant third party organisations related to your communication and volunteering preferences. For example if you have expressed a desire to volunteer for an environment and ecology volunteering group in the Wellington Area, we may share your information with Friends of Apley Wood.
- Annex B - You are entitled to withdraw your consent to share at any point by;
- Changing your preferences through your account management screen
- Contact site administrators at email@example.com
- Write to Big Green Vote, Wellington Civic, Tan Bank, Wellington, TF1 1LX
- Annex C - Withdrawing consent to share will not affect your right to entry on the free prize draw, between March 1st and May 20th 2018.
- Annex D - full details of how the Council holds your information can be found here
Our Moderation Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this.
We actively moderate comments made on this website. Comments will not be posted if they determined to be illegal or defamatory (damaging to someone’s reputation) inappropriate, disruptive, offensive or abusive in nature. This includes posts that contain swearing, libellous statements, spamming or political electioneering. Infringing anyone’s rights and privacy, promotes a business or is part of an individual’s job or employment. Misuse of these pages can result in being banned from posting and/or suspension of your account. You must be aged 13 years and over to leave a comment.
5. We may make changes to these terms
We reserve the right to amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
6. We may suspend or withdraw our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
7. Our site is only for users in the UK
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
8. You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
9. How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
10. Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
11. We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
12. User-generated content is not approved by us
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
14. Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Moderation Policy above at paragraph 4.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Moderation Policy at paragraph 4.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
15. Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us the following rights to use that content:
- Licence granted to the Council.
- Licences granted to third parties including users of the website.
16. We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
17. Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Moderation Policy at paragraph 4.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
18. Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
All rights, including copyright and database rights, in this website (https://greenguarantee.telford.uk and https://biggreenvote.telford.gov.uk) and its contents, rest with Telford & Wrekin Council (©Telford & Wrekin Council) except for material that has been explicitly marked as being the copyright of another person or organisation. All material including without limitation text, logos, icons and images published on this web site is for personal, non-commercial use. No part of the site may be copied or adapted without the written permission of Telford & Wrekin Council.